Yo yo yo yo yoI haven't been on NG in along ass while and that's just been that life has been sucking fat ass dawg.
Basically from like summer 2018 - Jan 2019 I've done:
- Doing Dance in South Korea
- Worked at a pretty cool retail place near Times Square
- Finally participated in my first Game Jam! Global Game Jam 2019
However from Feb 2019 - June 2019 it's been all bumps and bruises
- College started hounding me for payment.
- Apartment my family was staying out ran out on it's lease and we've been struggling to find a place to move.
- I showed off Arcade Quest at an expo and it did not go well (from being underprepared to my Thinkpad laptop shitting itself the night before.)
- Signed up for another expo and they rejected me.
I got to go to South Korea again this year for missionary work and it was very enjoyable. Shit n***a, I'd say it was the best trip there compared to the other years I've went.
I think personally... It's the only thing I have going for me. I really want to go back to school. I really want to finish Arcade Quest(at this point, It COULD be released as an unfinished game)
That's the thing I hate about the most. The fact that this church/Korea/dance thing is the only thing of significance I've done gets to me. It's not something I've ever thought to do in my life at all. Shit, I've only been doing this because 3 years ago, I met a girl. However over the course of those 3 years I realized that I never genuinely liked her, but all I did was obsess over her. Actually in the words of Patrice O'Neal "Im a time hoe".
If there was one thing I learned from this situation, I'm gonna stop being a lil bitch. If I wasn't a lil bitch I couldve:
- Either asked her if she wanted my cock or nah.
- Dropped the game already, warts and all
- Brute Force my way thru school.
However, if we lived in a life of could've or should've, then it wouldn't be a life worth living at all. So, all I can do from here is move forward. If I drop the game and people dislike it, then that's cool. We live in an age where we've seen bad games make amazing turn arounds. All we can do is FAIL FORWARD. Now I know, I'm perfect.